Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Clubbing

Oh good grief, it's been a long time since I've updated this. Which means a lot of stupid pictures that I'll have to put up. Oh well, my own fault I guess. First thing's first, clubbing.

About, oh... 4 weeks ago, I went out dancing with the twins, Bea, a kid named Pablo, and another friend of theirs we met along the way named Javi. First thing's first, a picture of the Fabulous Four (which is what I've decided I'm going to call Santi, Isma, Bea, and I, because they are the three I always hang out with). Fab 4 for short. Lol.














Dancing with them was a lot of fun, and really different from when you dance in the US. Because in the US, you NEVER see boys dancing together, because everyone in the states is scared that people will mistake them for being homosexual. Yet in Spain, there's no such stigma, so the boys dance together and the girls dance together and no one cares. So it was lots of fun to watch the boys dancing. The only thing is I'm a HORRIBLE dancer, and somehow I ended up with friends who are all really good dancers, so I look like a complete idiot when I'm dancing with them. I also look like an albino whenever I take pictures with them. Lol.

Anyway, their friend Javi apparently told Santi that I am a beautiful person. Which is a nice compliment, but I was hoping it was simply a friendly compliment. No such luck. Let me tell you a little about Javi. He is... the best word to describe him, is nerd. When I met him he was wearing a sweater over a collared shirt. Later, I learned that under his sweater he also wore suspenders. The worst part was that he was wearing MAJOR floods. And he was a horrible conversationalist. Worse than me, which is saying something, because I am, in general, pretty bad. (Ex. At one point he asked me if I had any brothers or sisters, so I told him. His response? "Cool." Nothing else. Lol.)

Anyway, as we were walking back to the cars, Javi said (and I quote), "So... I have a car... if you want I could take you home." Me: "Um... I have to go with Santi and Isma." Translation: "I don't even KNOW you. Why would I go home with you?!" At one point he told me that he wanted me and everyone else to go to a local hangout spot in La Mora during the afternoon, and then afterwards, just me and him, to go "For a long walk on the beach, in the sun." And because he asked in front of everyone, I couldn't just flatly turn him down, so instead I asked "And what happens if there is no sun tomorrow?" (As it rainy, not the apocalypse). Everyone got a good laugh out of that, but I still somehow got wrangled into giving this Javi kid my number and later, my msn. Luckily, he's only texted me once, and only asked me to get on msn once.

Anyway, these are some of the pictures from the next day. We did indeed end up going to La Mora Mar Restaurante, and for a walk, but thankfully I didn't have to go anywhere alone with Javi.

Anyway, from left to right: Me, Bea, Javi, Pablo, Isma, Santi
















Also, I learned from Santi that his car had no name (gasp!). So, we named his car Paco :) No worries now! (Except that my little brother has been let loose upon the streets of Moab... =p)

No comments:

Post a Comment