Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Twilight

So, in honor of the New Moon movie which will come out this Friday, I decided to post a link to this article in a feminist magazine. As many of you who know me already know, I think that the Twilight series in and of itself is horribly written with horrible characters, but I also think that it has some interesting undertones. If thought critically about, Twilight can provide some really interesting discussions.

Anyway, this article was written by a Communications professor at Westminster, which is how I found out about the article. It talks about how Twilight makes abstinence seem sexualized, and I thought it was a very informative, thoughtful, and well-written article. And sorry in advance for the title of the magazine, which I know may offend some of you.

Bite Me! (Or Don't)

No comments:

Post a Comment